ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, WAIVER AND RELEASE (SECTION 5M CIVIL LIABILITY ACT 2002) COMPETITORS WARNING: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS.
- I understand that participating in the Lost World Trail Run is a dangerous activity. The event involves running on sealed roads, gravel roads, farmland, steep embankments and remote locations. I am aware of the hazards involved and acknowledge that there is always risk of injury (including permanent injury, mental injury, paralysis and death) and damage to my property. The hazards include, but are not limited to remoteness from assistance or medical aid, the extremely strenuous nature of the Event including participating becoming lost, vehicle traffic, actions of participants and spectators, weather conditions, hypothermia and heat exhaustion, condition or suitability of participant’s equipment. In my judgement I have sufficient, survival skills to participate in this event in a manner safe to myself and others.
- I certify that I am physically fit and am confident that I have trained for participation of the event. I have not been advised by a medical professional that I cannot participate in the event.
- In consideration of being allowed to participate, I (on my own behalf and on behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns):a. WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other risks, claims or actions or any kind (including breach of contract, acts of negligence to the fullest extent of the law) whatsoever and however occurring, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of any such claim whether it is valid or not, which I at any time had or have as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and my travelling to and from the Event the following persons or entities: the sponsors, the producers, the event coordinators, volunteers, community organisations, spectators and any officers, representatives and medicals personal appointed for the event.
b. INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 3(a) from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and travelling to and from the Event, including any claim (or my teams) support crew or any person assisting me on the day.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for my personal possessions and equipment during the Event.
- I accept the communication, search, rescue and medical aid arrangements put in place by the organisers. I understand and agree that in the first instance I am responsible for the provision of first aid to myself and those around me. As a competitor or support crew I am responsible for myself and timely removal from the course to a medical facility. I give my consent to receive any first aid and medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event accident, injury and/or illness as a result of my involvement in the event.
- I certify that the medical information supplied by me on the entry form is true and I consent to and authorise that information to be provided to any medical practitioner, ambulance officer or any person involved or associated with any medical treatment that may be administered to me as a result of my participation in the event, regardless of whether the treatment is given.
- I acknowledge that the Event arranged insurance overs public liability and not myself whilst participating in this event. I am responsible for my personal accident insurance and ambulance cover.
- I acknowledge that organisers reserve the right to cancel the Event due to weather conditions, natural disasters, terrorism, war or any other reason deemed by the organisers and that my entry fee will be non-refundable.
- I understand that I might be disqualified if my actions and behaviour, in the opinion of the organisers, bring disrespect to the Event.
- This is a non refundable event. In the event of covid restrictions, a virtual option or ticket transfer will be made available to participants.